Absolutely! You can hire professional movers to move one item, and your item will also receive great attention and care. Many companies offer single-item movers, also called a “Small move.” Moving one item will not only cost you less but will also be covered by insurance in case of any damage. Similarly, it saves you a lot of time, and you don’t have to worry about essential moving supplies like moving straps, dollies, hand trucks, and more.
Yes, you can hire professionals to unpack your belongings, and they are happy to offer unpacking services, large or small. Many companies provide unpacking services for your home, flat, or office after you move. They work with you to understand where you want your unpacked belongings placed. After they unpack your items and put them in place, they clean up the mess made during unpacking, from removing the boxes to cleaning up the dirt and getting rid of any other extra particles so you don’t have to.
To move large pieces of furniture, you can follow the steps below–
- Get help to carry the large pieces of furniture with you.
- Plan your route and clear any obstacles on the way.
- Disassemble your furniture if you can.
- If you are moving furniture pieces such as shelves, remove any loose items inside them.
- Lift the furniture piece by keeping your back straight and bending your knees slightly.
- Carry tall furniture using the high-low method (tilting it so one holds it on the top and another on the bottom).
- If you move sofas or chairs, turn them sideways, making an L so they fit through the door.
- You can also use equipment such as moving blankets, moving dolly, hand trucks, or shoulder dolly to make the moving easier.
Getting help from professional moving services would be a much safer and easier option while moving large pieces of furniture.
Moving your belongings can take professional movers about 3 hours within Norman. However, the moving time can depend on several other variables, such as–
- The size of your home,
- The distance between points A (Location) to B (Destination),
- The number of steps required to go up and down the building,
- Other factors like the presence of an elevator, and
- The type of items that need to get moved.
In cases of larger items, it can take approximately 3 to 5 hours to move because of the care and precision required. However, if you need to move smaller items, it can only take around 3 hours.
With Serenity Moving Services, moving outside Norman can take approximately a couple of days to a few weeks, depending on your items and the distance of the move. Some of the factors that will affect the time of your long-distance move are–
- The number of boxes you got.
- The size and amount of furniture.
- Assembly and disassembly (as required).
- Weather conditions.
- A number of fragile items.
- Presence of an elevator.
- The number of stairs that movers need to go up and down on.
The number of movers you need for your move in Norman depends on the size of your move–
- Studio apartments – You need 2 movers to move within 2 to 3 hours (including loading and unloading)
- 1-2 Bedroom Apartments – You require 2 movers to move within 3 to 4 hours (including loading and unloading)
- 2-3 Bedroom home – You need 3 movers to move within 5 to 7 hours (including loading and unloading)
- 3-4 Bedroom home – You require 3 movers to move within 7 to 9 hours (including loading and unloading).
- 4+ Bedroom home – You need 4 movers to move within 7 to 10 hours (including loading and unloading)
- Mansion or Royale Palace – You need 4 to 6 movers to move within 8 to 10+ hours (including loading and unloading)
(Note: The hours can go down if you don’t require loading and unloading services.)
At Serenity Moving Services, you must pay movers about $185 for two work hours. After that, every additional hour will cost you a $75 extra fee for packing, but the cost largely depends on the size of your move. Moreover, here are some variables that can affect the cost of your move–
- Home size
- Shipment size
- Chosen services
- Distance from point A to B
The cost for movers for intrastate moves can range between $200 to $7,500 for the entire moving process. However, the price can vary if you wish to get more movers for your moving process. Similarly, variables such as the distance of your move, the items you want to move, additional services (packing & unpacking), and more can affect the cost of your move. The load volume of your belongings can also affect the cost depending on how heavy your items are. If you wish to get after-hours or emergency hiring services, it can cost you slightly more than regular moving costs.
The average cost for long-distance movers can cost anywhere from $3,500 to $7,500 for a single moving process. Often long, distance moves are calculated by considering the miles your belongings need to travel to the destination and the total weight of all those possessions. Likewise, the cost of long-distance moves can also vary depending on different states. Similarly, additional services, such as packing and unpacking for your move, might get you charged more.
Local moves are within the city or within a 30-mile radius, while a long-distance move refers to moving out of the town or over a 30-mile radius. However, different companies have different opinions on a local moving radius. Some companies consider anything under 50 to 100 miles a local move. If your move crosses state lines, it is considered a long-distance or interstate move.
The average cost for movers per hour at Serenity Moving Services ranges around $92.2. It will cost you $185 for 2 hours of moving services, and if you wish to add additional hours, each added hour will cost you $75 more. However, the prices can fluctuate due to factors such as the size of your home, the date, the size of your shipment, your chosen services, and the distance from point A (location) to B (destination).
The size of the truck you need when moving in Norman depends on the belongings you are moving, such as:
- Small truck (10 to 13 ft) – Ideal for 1,000 to 3,000 lbs, i.e., up to 12 medium-sized boxes. It can accommodate 1 to 5 medium furniture items like chairs, sofas, and more.
- Medium truck (14 to 17 ft) – Ideal for 3,000 to 5,500 lbs, i.e., up to 250 medium boxes. It can fit up to 1-10 medium furniture items like chairs, sofas, and beds.
- Large truck (18 to 24 ft) – Ideal for 5,500 to 6,500 lbs, i.e., up to 450 medium boxes. It can accommodate 1 to 15 medium furniture items like sofas, chairs, cabinets, and more.
Extra large truck (26+ ft) – Ideal for 6,500 to 8,400 lbs, i.e., up to 550 medium boxes. It can fit up to 20 medium furniture items like sofas, tables, cabinets, and more.
If a moving company doesn’t deliver on time, and you have signed a contract accepting a certain time, that will result in a breach of contract. Even though there are no legitimate laws to compensate for it legally, the company should reimburse you somehow. Some companies provide a discount on the whole moving service if they don’t deliver on time. If the company fails to contact you and does not deliver in time, you can seek legal help and contact your insurance provider to cover the moving costs.
The services Serenity Moving Services provide are as follows –
- Full Moving Services – Our full moving services include packing supplies, disassembling and reassembling bulk items, loading, transporting, unloading, unpacking, and removing packing materials after the move.
- Gun Safe – A safe way of moving a gun includes services such as packing materials, special equipment, loading, transport, unloading, unpacking, and removal of packing materials.
- Loading & Unloading – Provide all the services, including safely loading and unloading your belongings during the move.
- Local moving services – Our local moving services offer moving services for homes, business offices, government offices, industrial spaces, schools and universities, restaurants, hospitality businesses, and law firms. We take care of all aspects of moving, from providing moving supplies, loading, unloading, stress-free moving, and budget-friendly moving services.
- Packing & Unpacking – For our packing & unpacking services, we provide all the packing materials, pack your belongings correctly, label each box, unpack, and remove packing materials.
- Piano Moving – This service includes safely moving different types of pianos, such as baby grand, grand, upright, electric, player, spinet, and organs, to your desired location.
Yes, however, you need moving insurance to cover your moving cost, as your belongings will not get insured during every relocation with your existing homeowner’s insurance. Similarly, your homeowners, condo, or renters policy will not cover your moving expenses. Since accidents can happen, and items can get damaged during moving, getting insurance is extremely important. However, moving companies cannot sell insurance, so you must buy moving insurance from a third-party provider. Your mover will be responsible for the replacement value of lost or damaged goods during your move under ‘Full Value Protection.’ This insurance is the most comprehensive and expensive option to protect your belongings.
Most reliable companies will request payment after the move. Most reputed companies ask for payment after the move; however, some companies might ask for a deposit but will only demand a short sum of money upfront. Paying after the move helps you trust the service more, and if there are any accidents, some companies even provide discounts to reimburse the damages. Companies confident in their service don’t expect payment initially, making it easier for customers to build trust.
The charges of local packers and movers in Norman can cost you between $200 to $7,500 for your total move. Your price can fluctuate depending on the following factors–
- Distance of the move
- Number of items getting moved
- Level of services required
- Any additional service (packing, unpacking, and assembling)
The prices can also significantly vary depending on different companies. Therefore, ask for quotes from several companies before choosing the right packers and movers service in Norman.
Usually, movers at Serenity Moving Services do not move open boxes. Movers prefer packed boxes and labeled items to avoid damage, especially while moving long distances. However, every company has its policy, so you can discuss your situation with us and come to a conclusion. If the moving distance is short, we, Serenity Moving Services, can agree to move things not boxed because of the low risk of damage. Likewise, if the non-boxed items are not vulnerable to damage, it could be another circumstance where we could move with open boxes.
No, serenity moving services do not help in moving cats, fish, dogs, or any other animals. Our main focus is on residential and commercial relocations. For the given ones, we provide full moving service, gun safe moving, loading, and unloading service, piano moving service, and packing and unpacking service.
Yes, we provide senior-focused long-distance moving services. If you or your loved ones need any senior-focused long-distance moving services, we offer the following services–
- Move management and planning services
- Packing and unpacking
- Provide boxes and packing materials
- Load and unload belongings
- Discarding and donating unwanted items
- Post-move services to help our clients settle into their new home